Welcome to the preview of this week’s Middlesex Centre Council meeting! Here’s a preview of the issues and motions to be addressed this week:
- We have a short closed meeting to review the results of the Employee Engagement Survey.
- Council will start at 6pm, per usual, where the first matter to be addressed is a report from GM BluePlan Engineering on the extension of the Watson Municipal Drain.
- We’ll also have a presentation from the South Central Ontario Region’s Economic Development Corporation about how 2017 went for them, and the impact they are having.
- The consent agenda is fairly light, but includes the July Building Report, information on ensuring the upcoming municipal election is accessible, an update on “lame duck” Council restrictions, and the public results of the aforementioned employee engagement survey.
- A controversial zoning amendment is being applied for at the corner of Ilderton Rd and Hyde Park Rd, seeking to allow an additional building behind the Tim Hortons opened last year.
Beyond that, the Committee of Adjustment and Public Meeting items all look rather minor. Click here for the full agenda! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.