If you took a look at the Council meeting preview posted earlier this week, then here is what happened on July 25, 2018:
- Council and staff got a chance to meet our new by-law enforcement officer/risk management inspector. He seems to be a very nice, smart, young man who is eager to start! He begins work next month, and I’m hopeful he’ll be a great addition to the team.
- Council voted to approve applying for grants available for storm sewer upgrades and playground equipment.
- The purchase of a new fire truck, several hundred thousand dollars under budget, was approved. Chief Toth has moved Middlesex Centre to a new standard for fire and rescue vehicles, allowing us to re-use components more easily and reducing the need for 100% custom designs each time we need to replace a vehicle. This is already reducing costs by a significant margin!
- Medway High School’s site plan was approved without any debate. This plan, and steps along the way, have already been seen by Council several times.
- The cost sharing agreement for Kilworth Heights West was approved after some questions and answers.
It was a short meeting. The August 15 meeting will be much longer, as we will likely have several Committee of Adjustment issues to address beginning at 7pm.